This is a discussion thread · 4 replies
I just created my account. I dont know how or what things work here, anyway i just wanted to tell my story and what could i do from here on.
So anyway, i am living in Estonia, and i have been working in a local betting company from 2007 summer. First the company only provided live football matches analyzing in media (basically collecting all the actions what are taking place in a live football game).
But then the company started to provide sport events and competitors for various sports, for a UK company. Meaning that when lets say, Tennis, US open starts all the tennis events (matches) have been created and with correct kickoff times, same with football and various other sports.
Further more, the company started to provide results for various sports, for example, tennis scores, football scores with lineups, yellow cards etc, rugby actions, cricket, snooker...
My position was Event/Production manager. I took all requests from UK (like, create Germany Cup matches). Also handled out tasks for fulltime workers, like create players/competitors for certain sport or team. In Production part, i had to plan the matches what are going to be analysed, like epl matches, called for part time workers to come to analyse the match...also set up tv-s and sat boxes with correct channels. And here/there some other work.
But things got a bit too much for me....So i was thinking about maybe specialize only on actual betting part (not production work) and there fore i am thinking about starting to compile odds for a sports company. I have small experience in that.
So i basicly made a CV and started to apply to positions, using bettingjobs.com and pentasia.com. The outcome? Nothing, i got some calls, there was this one good option last autumn, eastern european sports odds compiler, i remember someone calling from bettingjobs....so i was pretty much already thinking about getting this position....but nothing happened after that one phone call.
So i have been trying and applying on different positions desperately but beside phone calls nothing else.
Then in January, finally, got a chance. Unibet was looking for a country manager (estonian) for their website. So i was called to a meeting. I was supposed to replace another estonian, who had been working there for 4 years and wanted to quit. So i had many interviews, and everything seemed to go well (i have ganed great knowledge of various sports, so i know what its all about). The estonian already said that, the job is basicly yours/mine. So they said, in 2 weeks time, they will send the email with the decision.
I managed to get the msn of the estonian who worked there, so i was in contact with him. There was like 3-4 canditates, and i was supposed to be the best option, because of my experience and my CV. So well i had my fingers crossed.
But what happened.....i didnt get the job. And the problem was basicly my age. I am 22. The guy who got the work, was 30.
So after that, what i have done is that i sent cv straight to betting companies, using this website for the emails: http://www.oddsportal.com/bookmakers /
And got couple of emails, but nothing certain has happened.
Here, is my CV:
Having a 1,5 year experience as Sports Event Manager, always perseveres to achieve the targets. Good knowledge in various sports (football, basketball, handball, tennis, golf, rugby, snooker, cricket, formula1, wrc etc).
· Very good communication skills and willingness to work with people of all levels
· Showing a lot of initiative and a great capacity to work well on an individual and team basis
· Good experience operating multilingual environment
· Good numerical skills and ability to think quickly
· Fast learner
· Being part of a successful event development creation what includes various football leagues, tennis, basketball, golf, cricket, rugby, darts, snooker tournaments event creation
· Building and updating various sports competitor management, making sure various football and other team sports squads are created and updated during transfer periods
· Step by step going live with various sport events resulting, including football, tennis, golf, rugby, darts; daily making sure the quality of the resulting is 100%
Highschool finished in 2005
· 1994 – 1996 Lasnamäe Elementary school
· 1996 – 2005 Laagna Gymnasium
Part-time worker, Betgenius Estonia, 2007 July – October:
· Analysing live football matches in Media and In-Running
Full-time worker, Betgenius Estonia, 2007 November – 2008 January:
· Analysing live football matches in Media and In-Running
· Testing resulting interface for interface improvements
· Learned using console
· Being part of the event creations build up what contained creating various sports events and daily updating events kickoff dates
· Creating and updating football competitor management; for media analysing it was needed that football team squads would match with the announced squads in match days.
· Creating various other sports competitors, such as tennis players, cricket players, rugby players, basketball players
Event/Production Manager, Betgenius Estonia 2008 February – 2009 January:
As a Event Manager:
· Taking fully responsibility for various requested sports events and competitors creation in time
· Taking fully responsibility for various sports resulting in time, also making sure the delievered data quality would match with official source data
· Train new employees; making sure new employees understand how to use console and how to create and update events and competitors; train out employees in resulting
· Operating with fulltime workers; handing out various tasks for fulltime workers, making sure fulltimers understand and complete the requested tasks
· Monitoring live scorecenters for tennis, football, snooker, darts
· Making sure all live covered sports events are created and daily updated
· Using bookmaker comparison tool for correct kickoff time comparison
As a Production Manager:
· Gained Production management experience during spring 2008
· Creating and planning Media and In-Running football analyses requests; making sure covered matches requests would be confirmed by analysts and all employees who are called to analyse live match would show up in time; finding a replacement in time if initially requested analyst cant come in time
· Making sure the covered live matches sat boxes would be set to correct channels in time and also checking that all live matches would be recorded and later copied to dvd
· Helping out quality control, making sure that the different actions in media analysis what have been compared with Opta data would be checked from replay and corrected if needed
· Monitoring In-Running console for odds
· Compiling odds for Champions League matches
· Sending email reports to IT and Quality Control team for any system problems
· Operating and giving out tasks for part-time workers
Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
zion:If I was you I would go for a Customer service job from there you see what happen.
is clear you strategy is not working. too bad you can not speak Russian or Finish fluent don't even know how are the chances of getting an Estonian customer service job anyway good luck
I know that a lot of companies are looking to hire more and more Russian speakers within their coustomer care departments. This is due to a growth within these markets and a more balanced economy of some sorts...
I would try and apply at as many companies as possible.| Apart from the usual suspects (ie recruiting companies) I would have a look at some locally based companies and check with their vacancy section.
People are waiting to help.